Fires are bummers but .....

Well, there are so many things I've learned from going through the fire . Well actually I didn't go through the fire. I arrived at work at Carytown Optical Shoppe on October 6th to find that a fire had been put out in my shoppe after it had completely destroyed my business, the tea shoppe next door and the hair salon upstairs. After the initial shock, I learned how fortunate I was to have the help that rushed to my aid. My business burned down and it was shocking beyond belief. I sobbed for about 20 minutes hiding my face on my neighbors shoulder. I won't try to pretend that it wasn't hard, really really hard. It remains hard because it isn't over with, the rebuild , but , BUT...I had the firemen there to help, I had friends, I had neighbors, I had a clean , unburned house to go home to , I had , little as it was (that's another story) insurance help. I had a big empty space available just three doors down and I had Patricia and Mistie from Carytown Teas to move into that big space with me and make it something really cool for now. For a month, I couldn't sleep, I kept looking for fires and expecting walls to just ignite as they had in my shoppe. I began to think about Haiti and wondered how they must have felt. I began to know how lucky, fortunate , blessed I was to only go through a little fire. How did the people of Haiti who had to look at all , ALL things destroyed as far as their eyes could see, How did they rise above that. No one for a long time , could rush to their aid because the people who would were also devastated. Then there was the loss of life, family, friends. Having gone through something devastating like a fire I now see that the devastation , the real DEVASTATION like that that has been endured in Haiti for over a year it truly unimaginable for our minds and phyche. My fire, my business burning down was just a little thing. I have nothing to complain about.

Comments

Popular Posts